Saturday, October 29, 2011

You Are My Strength

They tell me it's amazing how I've stayed so strong,
but they don't see how I cry when I hear your song, 
they see the smile on my face but miss the hurt in my eye,
I would rather seem rude than let them see me cry,
I put on this front as I don't want the world to see,
the pain and sorrow so deep inside me. 

I don't act this way cause I'm ashamed to feel the way I do, 
I act this way in honour of you, 
because although I hurt right now and my heart is broken,
I can't help but feel pride and love when your name is spoken,
my strength comes from the love you gave to me,
and it's that strength I want the world to see. 

I will always love and miss you Sean,
that I will never hide,
and when people ask me about my son Sean,
they will always see my pride,
you were so precious and your memory will always live on, 
I'll never be sad that I had you only that your gone.

My tears are not a sign of my weakness,
they are a sign of the love I have inside, 
they will always fall down my cheeks,
when I think of you with pride,
they say it takes a real woman to admit when she is sad,
but how can I be sad when I look at the son that I had,
I will always have the memories of my little man, 
everyday I go back to the day your life began, 
Sean always remember you gave me this strength,
and you will always be your mommies little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment